Since I am on vacation this week, I thought I would share with you the first grade teacher who asked her students to fill in the blanks of some well known proverbs. She gave each child in her class the first half of a proverb, and had them come up with the remaining part.
1. As You Shall Make Your Bed So Shall You… Mess It Up.
2. Better Be Safe Than… Punch A 5th Grader.
3. Strike While The… Bug Is Close.
4. It’s Always Darkest Before… Daylight Savings Time.
5. Never Under Estimate The Power Of… Termites.
6. You Can Lead A Horse To Water But.. How?
7. Don’t Bite The Hand That… Looks Dirty.
8. No News Is… Impossible.
9. A Miss Is As Good As A… Mr.
10. You Can’t Teach An Old Dog New… Math.
11. If You Lie Down With The Dogs, You’ll… Stink In The Morning.
12. Love All, Trust.. Me
13. The Pen Is Mightier Than The… Pigs.
14. An Idle Mind Is… The Best Way To Relax.
15. Where There’s Smoke, There’s… Pollution.
16. Happy The Bride Who… Gets All The Presents!
17. A Penny Saved Is… Not Much.
18. Two’s Company, Three’s… The Musketeers.
19. Don’t Put Off Tomorrow What… You Put On To Go To Bed.
20. Laugh And The Whole World Laughs With You, Cry And… You Have To Blow Your Nose.
21. None Are So Blind As… Helen Keller.
22. Children Should Be Seen And Not… Spanked Or Grounded.
23. If At First You Don’t Succeed… Get New Batteries.
24. You Get Out Of Something What You… See Pictured On The Box.
25. When The Blind Leadeth The Blind… Get Out Of The Way.
I can sure see a lot of truth in their answers. Enjoy your week.